শনিবার, ২ ফেব্রুয়ারী, ২০১৩

Beckham joins Paris St-Germain for 5 months | euronews, world news

David Beckham is joining French side Paris St Germain.

The team made the official presentation of the midfielder at PSG headquarters after he had completed a medical test.

?David refused a lot of clubs from around the world, so we?re very happy to have him,? PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi told a news conference at the Parc des Princes.

?He will help us to reach our dream to become one of the best European clubs, he?ll be of big value for the club, he?ll be a big asset.?

Beckham, who has signed a five-month contract with PSG, said his wife, former Spice Girl Victoria, and children would continue to live in London.

?My family will be staying in London because my kids go to school there,? he said.

Explaining why he had picked this one from many offers, Beckham said: ?I can see what the club is trying to do. Paris is an exciting city, always has been and always will be, but now there?s a club that?s exciting to me. I?m happy I?ve been picked to be part of the future of PSG. I?m very excited.?

Asked about how good he would be at communicating with the locals, the player admitted he might have some work to do: ?My French, I haven?t spoken French for quite a few years, since I was at school so, yeah that?s quite a few years. So I?m definitely going to have to brush up on it.?

No salary

David Beckham?s salary at Paris St Germain will be donated to a children?s charity in Paris, he said.

?We decided on something that?s quite unique. I won?t receive any salary during my time at Paris St Germain, my salary will go to a children?s charity in Paris,? Beckham, explained.

?I?m very passionate about children and charity and so are the club. I don?t think something like this has been done before.?

Beckham did not elaborate on the details of the donation.

Last December, Beckham left the Los Angeles Galaxy in United States where he had been playing for the last five years. His time with LA Galaxy included two loan-spells with Italian side AC Milan in 2009 and 2010.

The 37-year-old, who has made 115 appearances for England, has been training in London with Arsenal in recent weeks to retain his fitness.

In the last 18 months, PSG, managed by Carlo Ancelotti, has spent over 230 million euros on players. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Lucas Moura are among the club?s acquisitions.

More about: David Beckham, Football, Other sports, Paris

Copyright ? 2013 euronews

Source: http://www.euronews.com/2013/01/31/beckham-joins-paris-st-germain/

exit polls Presidential Polls California Propositions Electoral College chuck pagano A Gay Lesbian daylight savings time 2012

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন